1. The term ‘Bake Mela’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ refers to Bake Mela. The term ‘you’ refers to the client/customer or user of any interface provided by bakemela.com a Zedoo Group Pvt Ltd company.
4. We treat all your personal information as confidential and comply with all applicable Indian Data Protection laws and consumer legislation in place.
Information Collection and Usage
1. Information provided by you: You shall be required to give certain information while accessing our website, communicating with us through other means, making use of our offerings (refer to Section 1.2 of our Terms of Service) etc. Owing to the nature of our trade it shall be mandatory on your part to provide some specific details. Not providing us with certain information might act to your detriment. We might choose not to provide you our offering in case you fail or refuse to provide us with the information we need. The information required includes but is not restricted to your name, your email id(s), phone number(s), billing and shipping address. We assure you that the information collected shall only consist of details required for general functioning of the website and shall not be superfluous. Information we collect would be used for processing orders, listings, reviews, administer polls/competitions/promotions, develop of website, improve customer service and to send you emails regarding product offers.
3. We might collect information regarding our customers from third parties (e.g. delivery information, change in address of the customer etc from the carriers).
4. Information collected in the abovementioned procedures shall strictly be used to ensure better services to our clients or to protect the rights or property of our customers. Bake Mela shall try to inform the customer if such information is to be used for other purposes.
5. By visiting bakemela.com it is assumed you do not object to us contacting you by email, phone or in writing and you will not consider this a breach of any of your rights.
Sharing Customer Information
1. Third Party Services: Due to the nature of services provided by Bake Mela, it becomes essential to share some information with trusted third parties, for example our delivery partners. Delivery information of our clients could be shared with the carriers of the articles for delivery. Similarly, customer information could be shared with third parties for better customer assistance, better marketing services and analyzing the data. These partners agree to keep any information provided to them confidential and only use the information in the manner intended and to conduct services requested by you.
We do not sell customer information. Third parties may use the shared information for the specific purpose (as agreed upon) only.
2. Business Transfers: With the development of our trade, we might choose to buy other businesses. Following general practices of trade, customer information might be shared for the functioning of our newly acquired businesses. In the unlikely event of Bake Mela being taken over by another business company, customer information shall be one of the assets being transferred. We shall try to ensure that the customer information is not misused.
3. Statutory Requirements: Bake Mela would release customer information if required to do so by law. Besides, Bake Mela holds the rights to share customer information with law enforcement agencies for maintenance of law and order, protection from fraud etc.
5. Other people’s information: should you disclose another person’s contact information (i.e. email address) to allow them to be invited to the website and benefit from the same content it is assumed that you have obtained the consent of the concerned person to disclose to use this information. Any communication made with this referred email address is subject to an opt-out.
Security of Information
Bake Mela shall make use of sound practices like data encryption to ensure that customer information is not misused or accessed without authority. Steps shall be undertaken by Bake Mela to ensure that customer information is not altered or destroyed to the detriment of its clients. Bake Mela operates with powerful security systems and servers. Bake Mela’s employees shall have access to customer/user information but such access shall be restricted to the requirement of / for the working of Bake Mela. All Bake Mela accounts are password protected and it is the responsibility of the user to keep this information private. If the user suspects that this information is no longer private or their account has been accessed fraudulently it is their responsibility to inform Bake Mela of this breach in security.
Accessing and updating personal information
Bake Mela’s customers might be permitted to access and alter their personal data as required. Bake Mela holds the right not to permit a customer/user to access/alter any information which could jeopardize the privacy of any other customer/client or be detrimental to the interests of any customer/client or intrude in the efficient functioning of Bake Mela.
Links to other websites
Last modified: 08.11.2012